Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rip Van Winkle

I'm not sure what came over me today(Saturday). After the baby woke us up later than usual around 4:00AM, I got back to sleep somewhere around 5:00 and managed to sleep in until 10:00 thanks to my wife closing the door and keeping the kids at bay. I got up ate breakfast and then started feeling drowsy. By noon I couldn't keep my eyes open so I went back to bed and didn't wake up until 3:00PM. You'd think with all of that sleep, I would have had a hard time getting to sleep in the evening, but I had no such trouble. At the normal time, around 10:00PM, I went to bed and right off to sleep.

Also unusual about the day, perhaps due to all of the sleep, I got through the day only taking 3 half strength Vicodin.

The pills that I had been taken had a strength of 10-350 which means 10mg hydrocodone and 350mg acetaminophen. I had been instructed to take one every 4 hours as needed and that I could take 2 if necessary. I've been taking 4-5 per day, only needing to take two on a few rare occasions. I got a refill this week and there was some mixup, whIch I didn't catch until after i got home with it, which resulted in my new prescription being filled with a 5-500 strength version of the pill. That's half the narcotic but nearly twice the acetaminophen. I was a little concerned because you can only take so much acetaminophen per day so doubling up on this lower strength variety wouldn't be an option if I needed the equivalent of the previous pill's double dose. This is what I mean by half strength since it's half the narcotic strength of my previous prescription.

Surprisingly it's been OK. The half strength pills seem to be doing the trick for now. Hopefully this is an indication that things are getting better in some area and makes me look forward all the more to this week's coming radiation treatments. We'll see what Sunday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment