Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good Day

Today was a good day, probably the best day I've had in a couple of weeks. I was dreading today a little because there was a lot going on at work and I have several lengthy calls scheduled today and I wasn't sure how well I would hold up sitting through them. It could have been an even worse day as there were a few minor crises that developed in the afternoon. But I had a good day nonetheless, a relatively pain free day, and I otherwise felt pretty good all day to boot.

An old friend came by and took me out for lunch. I survived without incident and it felt good to be out of the house for while. The short trip into down didn't even aggravate any of the usual pains.

After work I went to the store to pick up a prescription refill and a few other things. I made it through that relatively well, though some of the usual aches had returned by the time I got home. A short time later, another friend came by to offer his assistance with whatever we needed. Surprisingly, the baby let him hold her for an extended period of time and the other two kept their focus on him, so we were able to catch up on some laundry and other chores that had been largely neglected lately. With all of the offers of help that we've received since telling people about the cancer, we really haven't been able to think of anything that we could take people up on doing for us, but what neither of us realized was just how much help it could be just to have someone else hold the baby and keep the girls occupied for a couple of hours. It was unbelievable how much we were able to do with that couple hours of assistance.

Today was a good day. Hopefully it will be the beginning of several more.

2 comments: