Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cat's Out of the Bag

I let the world know about my cancer on Facebook. I waited until late last night, just before I went to bed. This morning, I woke to a surprising number of well wishers who had already commented on it. In some ways, it feels good to get it out there, to no longer be careful about what I say without raising more questions. I guess time will tell whether it was the right decision or not.

Overall, yesterday was not bad. I had some amount of pain most of the day, but that was partly because I'm trying to figure out just how few Vicodin I can get away with and partly because I think most of the pain I was having yesterday was more neurological. It feels like a pinched nerve kind of thing.

I actually managed to sleep through the night, all the way to 5:30, and so did the baby. Now I'm up and there's no point in going back to sleep, but I woke up feeling pretty good pain wise. My stomach is having it's morning ick, but that's the biggest thing that I'm dealing with so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment