Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gettin' There

The last couple of days have been OK. At this point, the pain is largely under control with the medication as long as I don't do anything to irritate it. Staying in the same position for too long, or sitting in a comfy chair, can irritate the pain points and cause the pain to come on where it wasn't before. For some reason, the more comfortable the seating, the less comfortable it is for me. I spend much of my day sitting on the floor as that is often the most comfortable position for me and affords the ability to stretch as needed.

Felt pretty good on Monday overall, but was stuck on several back to back conference calls from noon-5 which didn't help with the pain situation, primarily just from sitting for too long in more or less the same position. By the end of the day, I was a little stiff and sore.

Today I had to go into the office. I didn't have a lot of choice in the matter as I had an interview to conduct as well as a couple more meetings. Of course, because I needed to get up and go on in, my body decided that I needed to be up extra early so I woke up an hour and a half before anyone else in the house. Even the girls weren't stirring yet. The day wasn't bad for what it was. I made the drive in OK, though I was a little sore when I got there. That was partly due to my arriving at the 4 hour mark since I had taken my last Vicodin, but was mainly from the ride in the car. Another Vicodin took care of that and I was OK through my meetings. I didn't have an opportunity to eat lunch until about 2:30 which I only ate half of. I just wasn't feeling it. Something didn't feel right, though that probably had to do with what was going on a little lower than my stomach. When I got out of my next meeting at 4:00, the pain had started up. I had been sitting for too long and was a couple of hours past due for medications. Still had the bowel thing going on which was probably contributing to the pain. Managed to get home OK, but the pain was still there, so I took another pill. After that, I felt OK but wasn't hungry for dinner. I realized shortly after the girls went to bed just how tired I was from getting up so early and not having any opportunity fro rest, or to sit on the floor. Overall, it was a good experience. It was good to get out of the house and it was good to be back in the office, even if it was just for a day. I ended up going on to bed early and now here I am, awake at 2AM. We'll see what Wednesday brings. I can stay home and I shouldn't have to sit on too many calls. History has shown that the day after an outing can often be more of a recovery, but perhaps I'm a little past that now.

The last two days have been too busy to call the doctor. I still need to have that discussion with him about the anti-depressant. Hopefully I will have time and remember to do so tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment