Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The jury is still out

It's now been one full day on the new pain medication regimen and I'm not sure what to make of it at this point. I didn't realize how much the patch was actually doing to smooth things out. I had the impression that it wasn't doing much, but today I could tell whenever a pill wore off. I've had to continue taking Vicodin faithfully just about every 4 hours and my bowels seem to have the opposite problem from before. The doctor did say that it would take a couple of days for the Methadone to build up in my system, so here's hoping that's the case and tomorrow is a little better, otherwise, the doctor may need to tweak things a little on Monday. Today wasn't great, but it wasn't really any worse than before, just different. The level of pain is close to the same but the pain itself seems a little more pronounced.

Two of my employees came out to Frederick yesterday and took me to lunch. They brought with them a card signed by my whole team and apparently they took up a collection to buy a couple of gift cards to a few area restaurants. That was a big surprise and some much needed validation. As a manager, I don't get many opportunities to find out what my employees think of me. Sure I give them feedback on their performance all the time, but I rarely get any window into their view of mind. Their thoughtful gift tells me that I must be doing alright and makes me all the more eager to get this pain under control so that I can get back to the office. It was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment